Monday, May 12, 2008

Mummies!




Since we've begun making our way through Mystery of History, I have been looking forward to some of the fun activities in which we can include Piersen. Mummies to the rescue! We had a quick lesson on Ancient Egypt and the first pyramids. So the kids got to take their favorite Build-A-Bear buddies and make mummies out of them. They wrapped them in toilet paper and then searched through the boxes we currently have piled up around here to find the perfect sarcophagus. They closed their mummies up and built a tomb and pyramid around them out of all the other boxes lying around. When Daddy came home from work, they informed him that he was an archaeologist and that he had to break into the pyramid to find the mummies. It was wonderful! I only wish I had taken pictures of Sean busting through the packing-box-pyramid. I can't tell you how much I love watching them learn, and work together.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: